Get the right equipment… By equipment, we mean the right boxes (professional quality), packing materials, tape, scissors, and permanent marker. Excellent Choice Movers offers a custom set of packing materials suited to almost any item including mattresses, dishes, large articles, mirrors, and more.
Use the Right Techniques
- Use wadded packing paper to provide cushion in your boxes.
- Wrap fragile items in paper before placing in boxes.
- Don’t over pack. Keep boxes and cartons to 50 pounds or less.
- Be sure your boxes are filled to the top to ensure they do not get crushed when stacked.
- Pack items you won’t need until after you are settled in your new location first.
- Follow a schedule. Don’t underestimate how long it takes to pack!
- Go room by room to stay organized.
- As you complete a room, sort boxes and cartons by weight to make the loading process easier.
- Label boxes clearly with your name, room, where the box should go in your new home, and a brief description of contents.
- Know The No-No’s
Don’t pack the following items:
- Flammable fluids such as lighter fluid or gasoline
- Chemicals including auto maintenance fluids
- Paints and paint thinner
- Combustible objects such as oxygen bottles or propane tanks
- Live plants
Keep the following items with you when you travel:
- Family photos
- Prescription drugs
- Children’s toys
- Important papers and personal records (wills, insurance policies, deeds, stock certificates, etc.)
Remember… Excellent Choice Movers can help with any step of your move including packing and unpacking!